DodgeTalk Forum banner

8.4” Nav Issues...

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cenastyle 
#1 ·
Recently bought a 2015 Dart GT with the 8.4” radio with navigation built-in. Even though it was a used car, it only had 14,000 miles on it.

In the past week, we started getting an error that there were no maps detected and the GPS won’t find anything. I updated the software last night thinking this would fix it, but it is still giving the same error.

Looking at Uconnect’s website, a map replacement will cost $149.00; and, from what I’m reading, that might not even fix the issue. The entire unit probably needs to be replaced.

My question is, would this be covered under warranty? The car only has 16,000 miles on it now.

I had a similar situation a couple years back with the 8.4” without Nav in my 2012 Journey where the entire unit had to be replaced. Even though the car only had 20,000 miles on it and it was supposed to be covered under warranty, I still had to pay $200 or $250 for the replacement.

This was purchased at a major dealership here in Indiana (Ray Skillman); but that dealer doesn’t have a Dodge dealership. Should I take it where I bought it or does it have to go thru an actual Dodge dealership?

Thanks for any info you can give me!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.