DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a running 79’ dodge power wagon w200 and it seemed to run great but I didn’t check the 4 wheel drive or more importantly on this truck, I didn’t check to see if hi loc or low loc worked. Turns out I’m missing one of the shifter rods for the NP 203 transfercase. I’ve called everyone in my area or atleast every I’ve found so far and I can not find this one shift rod let alone specs to make my own. If anyone can help or provide some advice I’ll be very thankful.
DFF86049-5C90-41B3-BA67-1662C827E283.jpeg

·
Registered
173 Posts
I maybe can snag ya some pics of mine. 727 and NP203? Sounds like a 203 case based on your description. You may want to check and be sure. People swap them for the NP 208 somewhat commonly as thats a part time case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I maybe can snag ya some pics of mine. 727 and NP203? Sounds like a 203 case based on your description. You may want to check and be sure. People swap them for the NP 208 somewhat commonly as thats a part time case.
judging by what I can see it is the NP203 still. I’ll take some pics this weekend when I’m out by it but on the transfer case there is a second spot for the second shift rod. All other transfer cases I saw only use one shifter rod.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The man in question is a bit of a distance from you, then, at Spokane WA.

But if you can get in touch with him he's used to sending parts by mail etc. He drives this sort of thing himself and haunts the wreckers, I'll PM you his phone number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts