DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inquired a '78 Ram Charger that is told to be in pretty good shape. I have had a couple of people to tell me that's seen it that it was in decent shape for the year. It has the typical rust over the fenders, but the floor pan is solid. My buddy's fiance's dad has the truck (confused yet? ha) and my buddy is all the time buying old trucks and fixing them up. He has told me on several occassions that I should look at this RC. He knows that I love Dodge's and especially the RC's. Everything supposedly works on the truck including the 4x4 and tranny shifts fine. The transmission does leak a little bit over time. It has a 360 that has been rebuilt about a year and a half ago and the guy has the paper work to prove that.

What should I look for in this truck. I hope to get out there today or tomorrow and look it over real good. I'm starting to get excited about it, especially after looking at some of the pictures of ya'lls rides.

If you need any other information to give me some advice, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Check the steering coupler (rag joint) for exessive play. It's located where the steering column attaches to the steering box.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thank you very much! Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thank you again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.