DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have changed these before, but the engine wasn't rebuilt then and it leaked oil over everything. Now, I have a rebuilt engine and it runs great but I need to replace the Engine mounts. For some reason this truck goes through them every year or so. My question is, in the past I picked it up from the harmonic balancer, now I don't know if it is a good way to go about it or not. I don't have a engine hoist, so I am seeking some wisdom from this group. Is there bigger engine mounts that I can use other then the stock ones. They seem too small for a v8 thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
You should not use the balancer to lift the engine! If you have a floor jack cut a piece of 2X4 to the length you will need then use it to lift the engine. Put the 2X4 on the bolt heads on the side of the pan. Do one side at a time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I unbolted the motor mounts and removed the fan shroud looking at it too. There is like a inch wide gap that the 2x4 can fit in so I'm thinking of cutting it to fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at maybe renting a cherry picker and hooking on side at a time too. I like the pan ideal though I have wood to do it

·
Registered
895 Posts
We had to move Wanda's mounts and we slung a strap under the crank pulley to lift the motor and take the strain off the mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts