DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1978 440-3 engine that I pulled out of a motorhome and put in my truck. Been driving about a month now and it is all working out. My original plan was to drive it, and pull it out this winter and start building it. But I do have a concern about parts. I am looking at heads and I am worried about not being able to find a good performance head to fit on my 440-3. Im sure the smarter guys will chime in, it'd be greatly appreciated. I see that I can get normal 440 heads with an 88cc chamber, but will those fit on my 440-3? Thanks. Further help on the build would help too. Thanks again!!!:gr_patrio

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
You should have no worries about parts. What kind of money do you have to spend? What kind of performance level? The 906 casting is the best flowing stock head. Down side it needs to have hardened valve seats put in. There are plenty of aftermarket heads out there if you want to go that way.
http://www.mymopar.com/headcastnumb.htm

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Honestly im just building the truck as the money comes so I cant exactly answer the money question, besides the fact Its a long term project as a whole lol. But Id like to have a nice daily driven truck, that will squat and go when I put it to the floor. Its just a summer toy that I am building as I drive it. It has 452 heads on it now with the "extra cooling heads" that it had from the RV. Ive been looking into heads, but I don't know which to get. I like the 88cc heads, but they are aluminum. I would be willing to try it but I know id prefer the irons because they are more forgiving to mistakes, and I make a lot of those :D But I just want nice performance heads, that I can still drive to town and work with no worries. I also had a question in which id like to ask those who clearly know more than me. Id like a cam too. I find myself racing with friends quite a bit and I know this can make a big difference. Again, daily driven, but with guts. Is it possible to get the sound where it lopes, then its quiet for a second or two, then lopes again? Thanks y'all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.