DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Back Inst Cluster Wiring Board........there Is A Voltage Regulator Which Drops Volts Applied To Two Gauges (12vdc To 5vdc)..........on This Metalic Cased V/r There Is What Looks Like A Place For A Blade Type Connector To Be Attached........dealers Tell Me This Is A No Connect........any Experts With Other Ideas..... Thanks

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
There is a box on the back, might be a regulator. I've never really checked. Seems like there may be a condenser on the back too, can't remember.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The instrument cluster voltage regulator just plugs into the back of the cluster. Nothing else connects to it. Back when the trucks were new, it seemed like we changed quite a few of them , but I guess I've not had to change one in a long time.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Nothing gets connected to the VR. Ive seen them before but I think that tab is for another truck year model. I have not seen a replacement VR with that lug but I do know the Motor Homes use a different part number VR so there must be some variations thru the years?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The extra ground lug is for a condenser mounted below the regulator on the instrument cluster for radio static when the points open and close, though rarely installed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.