Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I am a new member here today and am glad I found Dodge Talk. Hope someone here can help with a question I have about my rear brakes. First, the RV is a Midas Mini class C style Sportsman Van front 1 ton chassis. The rear end is single wheel each side and has the 8 lug wheel pattern with small 8 lug in the center. Don't know the correct name for this, but know I will learn soon enough. My question is about getting to the rear brakes to replace the wheels cylinders and brakes shoes, also may need to have the drums turned. I have the RV raised on jack stands, removed the rear wheels, but the drums do not want to come off like 1/2 ton trucks and cars I have worked on in the past. Please tell me what I need to do in order. I would greatly appreciate any info you can offer.
I need your :help:

Thanks in advance,
Jack
72DodgeRV

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Sounds like you have a Dana 60. That being said, you cannot pull off just the drums. The drum and axle is a one piece assembly. You have to remove the axle with the drum and to do that you have to take off the differential cover.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. That link to that axle set-up that guy has, looks to be the same as my 72 set-up, Dana 60....wow....not even familiar with that, but now I know what I need to do to get the drums off, what a job I have ahead of me....fun, fun, fun.

Thanks again for the info, :tup:
Jack

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Since you'll be pulling it all apart anyway...have you given any thought to converting it to disk brakes? The big plus in doing the conversion is that the next time you need brakes, you pull only the rotors and not the whole axle.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
The bearings should be checked and re-packed though.
I have a Dana 60 with a 3.54 ring and pinion, smaller 7260 u-joint yoke if you need parts... It came out of a 1971 B-300 van.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alloro, I'll have to check on the disc conversion for the future.
B-300 Thanks, I'll make sure I check the bearings and repack and thanks for the offer for parts. I'll let you know if I need any.

This site of members great!
:tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.