DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got my new energy suspension strutrod bushings in went ahead and replaced all bushlngs boots tierods ect.anyway with the new strutrod bushings torqed theres not enough room to put the rollpin back in the holes not even showing should idrill new holes or is this not right these polybushings have been tough hope there worth it the torsionbar dust covers are an real headache

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I wonder if you installed them the correct way?
You should be able to get the roll pins back in the factory holes.
Cany you flip the bushings 180º and they fit properly?

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
I had plenty of room with my Energy Suspension bushings for the roll pins. I wonder if you could have intalled them backwards or something, or maybe your lower control arms aren't pulled all the way ahead. The poly t-bar bushings are a bear to install! I had to grease them up then push a large socket in them then try to get them on the bars. Not a lot of fun.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i nstalled them with the smallest end faceing each other biggest end toward washer as pictered on box anyway if i installed them backwards they would still be the same width between the washer and bolt right?also don t the short brakeshoe always go closet to front of car both sides if so my right side was backwards when itook it apart might be why i had to replace the drum?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
The short side of the bushing should be toward the front of the vehicle, this would give less cushion when braking as the control arm would be forced rearward and the alignment angles change very little with suspension movement.

The short brake shoe should always go toward the front of the vehicle as this is part of the self energization upon application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.