DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a huge Mopar fan ever since I was young. Ever since I got my foot on a gas pedal, I have been searching for a project car. Unfortunatley for me most Mopars are way out of my price range being that I am only 17. Every cent I own goes in the bank, and that money is saved up for when I find the right project. Recently I came across a 1965 Dodge Coronet 500, convertible and I think this is my car. I talked to the owner the other day and He told me all about the car and the work that was done. There is some spot rust on the quarter panels and some on the door, the trunk and one little section of the floor pan needs repair. The interior also needs some touch up and tlc.
The drive train was completely redone:

360 Big Block bored .40 over
Mopar performance 484 lift cam
forged pistons
750 Holley Carb
727 Turbo Trans w/ heavy duty blue plate clutches
3:23 gears
Mopar ignition
Double roller timing chain
New: Radiator, Alternator, Starter, Fuel Pump
Custom Dual Exhaust and Headers

He is asking 10k but he said he wants to sell it because he just had a son and does not want to let the car sit and rot and rust away. What do you guys think?

· Registered
563 Posts
All cars with the little star on the fender are fairly expensive even cars that aren't performance oriented. I have to argue with my father all of the time, I will show him a car that is for sale and tell him what the asking price is and he will say there is no way I would give that much for those cars. I tell him that it isn't the eighties anymore you can't buy any muscle car as cheap as he use to could.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I had a time machine, Id go back 35-40 yrs and buy everything I could. Mopars are hard to come by especially where I live on Long Island. Ill get some pics soon, I'm taking it for a drive this Saturday, so I'll see how it goes and hopefully I can negotiate the price down. Thanks

· Registered
1,454 Posts
mr.mopar440 said:
360 Big Block bored .40 over
?
if the car has the factory based engine then it would be a 361 big block.

on the 1962-1965 cars be sure to check the cowl area which is the metal that separates the windsheild from the engine compartment. they are very bad to rust out there and are a real pain to fix properly.

actually the 1962-1965 cars are pretty popular and are somewhat cheaper then the later cars.

if your not afraid of doing or having someone do it, find a 4 door 1962-1965 car and also a rusted out 2 door car and convert the 4 door car into a 2 door. nice 4 door cars are still fairly cheap to do this kind of conversion on.

the 2 door and 4 door cars are the same car and all that is needed is to take the donor 2 door car and transplant the doors onto the 4 door car and draft the door striker and metal patch from the 2 door over to the 4 door.

Attachments

· Registered
25,139 Posts
My uncle has a 65 Coronet for sale, its a hard top with the 440 trim level. Poly 318 in and it purrs like a kitten. Lower rear quarter rust perfect trunk. inner front fenders and perfect front fenders. He lives in Scranton P.A. If intersted Pm me I can hook you up. He has several others for sale. He has a # matching 73 340 Challenger for sale too....

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
How did I miss this? mopar440 hope you get it! Those are gorgeous cars! They still represent the old school look for Ma MoPar as evident by Brian RO's posting, thanks for that Brian, I always get a kick out of the old Nostalgia SS/A/FX cars and anything thats "match bash" like Mr. Rich's altered wheel base cars!

· Registered
1,454 Posts
threetwos said:
I always get a kick out of the old Nostalgia SS/A/FX cars and anything thats "match bash" like Mr. Rich's altered wheel base cars!
Eddie, i knew you liked those AFX cars so that was one of the reasons i posted that photo plus it shows how the conversion was done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.