DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
(1960/70s) Dodge 500 Flatbed, gas engine, 2 speed axle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an old "Dodge 500" (K-Series?) flatbed truck that belonged to my grandpa, he owned a lumber company back in the 70s. I know very little about it at this point. Supposedly it was running when parked. There's also a 1948 Ford F-6 flatbed and I've been able to find a lot of info about that one, but I've had a lot of trouble just googling for info about the Dodge 500.

It's a gas engine, but from what I've read the Dodge 500 series only came with diesel?

Looks like a 4 speed manual transmission (based on the shift knob only) with two speed rear axle.
Based on my preliminary research, probably late 60s or early 70s?

And the two axle version could have a payload capacity up to 11 tons. The door has "under 24,000" painted on it which I know doesn't mean much, but is this most likely a class 6 truck? I believe class 7 and up require a CDL of some kind?

The front fenders are hinged and open up for engine bay / battery access, which I'd never seen before.

Any help or information would be appreciated!

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
There's 9 different knobs on the dash, what do they all do? I'm guessing C & T are choke and throttle, maybe H is heater...?

Lleft of steering wheel
Cleft of steering wheel
Tbottom center
Dbottom center
Bbottom center
Hbottom center
UpperLeft Ventilator
UpperCenter Ventilator
UpperRight Ventilator

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. I figured as much, but there's so many levers, buttons and hinged doors / releases on this thing...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, 150 views and nobody has any idea of roughly what the age of this car is? It must be a fairly rare model. I know I've been having a lot of trouble finding anything out, but I figured this would be the place to ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts