DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
4x4Magnum: I happen to love my Pioneer Head Unit. They are very tuneable.
I also have Pioneer amps. One 200 and one 760 watt. I would imagine that the 760 watt Pioneer bridged will give you what you want.Mine runs two 10's and I have to keep it toned down in the Bass dept. It sounds sweet. Good Luck.

BTW: I pretty much gave away my Alpine HU so I could get another Pioneer. Sounds funny don't it. Trade top notch (lmfao) for Pioneer. I found that the Pioneers for their price can not be beaten! Atleast not by the 200$ Alpine I had. I couldn't get good quality sound from the Alpine, sure it sounded good at certain levels but the Pioneers that I have had for the same price blow away the Alpine as far as sound quality.
This may not be true with the more expensive Alpine's I don't know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dodgeneonACR98 said:
4x4Magnum: I happen to love my Pioneer Head Unit. They are very tuneable.
I also have Pioneer amps. One 200 and one 760 watt. I would imagine that the 760 watt Pioneer bridged will give you what you want.Mine runs two 10's and I have to keep it toned down in the Bass dept. It sounds sweet. Good Luck.

BTW: I pretty much gave away my Alpine HU so I could get another Pioneer. Sounds funny don't it. Trade top notch (lmfao) for Pioneer. I found that the Pioneers for their price can not be beaten! Atleast not by the 200$ Alpine I had. I couldn't get good quality sound from the Alpine, sure it sounded good at certain levels but the Pioneers that I have had for the same price blow away the Alpine as far as sound quality.
This may not be true with the more expensive Alpine's I don't know.
Thanks a lot for the advice. I can't wait for my system to get installed. It's my birthday present. Hopefully Best Buy or Circuit City do pretty good installations. I listen to mostly rap and rock so i need some pounding bass in my truck. I think 900W (2 450W) worth of 10" MTX subs can do that. Is there really that much of a difference between 10" and 12" subs besides size and cost?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
furrycritter said:
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php?cPath=22

the nine.1 would be a good choice for that sub, and versatile, will give you double the power if you hook up an identical sub in parallel for a 2 Ohm load.
thanks. i think my brother got a similar amp and hooked it up parallel 2ohm in his nissan maxima. good idea cuz his system sounds sick.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No problem. I'd really recommend getting some door speakers that are fairly good, well, the best you can afford anyway. That Head unit puts out 22 Watts RMS per channel, so, if/when you are no longer satisfied with the output from the HU, you can put in a 50-60 WPC RMS 2/3/4 channel amp and power your doors that way. Alpine should have something in that range for door speakers and will work fine. I went with Infinity 6.5's.

12" subs will typically be able to hit slightly lower notes than a 10, or at the very least, play the same notes slightly louder than a 10. But two 10's will give you a 3db increase over one 10. Lots of people are happy with 10's but if you have the room and cash for 12's you might be happier, just going with 12. Just remember that a high power 12 will need considerable air space. Also remember that 900 watts coming from even 10's is enough to damage hearing, even one of those at 450 can and will cause damage if abused.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
If you get two speakers you better get a bigger amp than a 600 watt. If you run it in 2 ohm or bridged it will overheat on two speakers. My 760 watt amp will shut off after a while of really hard pounding bass, Not to mention I could fry an egg on it!!!

One thing I like to keep in mind for a good system is Way to much Power. When you have more than enough power going to the speakers it takes less volume from the HU to be loud. To much volume on the HU can mean distortion, so the least amount of volume you have to use in order to acheive your desired sound level and quality the better off you are. A stereo can only sound good to a certain level of volume and it begins to distort. So eliminate the distortion and you have a heck of a good sounding system.

For instance, My freind had 3 12 inch RF classics,4 6 1/2 RF powerseries,2 3 1/4 RF powerseries. The 12's were in the hatch of his Daytona where the 6 1/2 were in the doors along with the 3 1/4's in dash. He powered the monstrosity with an Eclipse HU, a Punch 200IX and Punch 60IX. The 200 ran the 12's and the 60 run the highs.

With this system he needed only turn the volume up to no more than 10 at any time. Even at low volume he could rattle your hat off your head. You could also hear it at over a Mile away!! I think at the time he was pretty close to the record Decible that was set at around 135 Db at car shows across the US. He had something like 128 Db.
Good Luck!!!

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
I agree with furrycritter! You will need some good door speakers and posibly a small amp for them if you intend to hear words with your bass! LOL

AND I AM LIVING PROOF that it kills your ear drums. I have hard hearing now, in which I blame on my fool self and stereo's. Live and Learn

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow you guys sure know your stuff. I am a noob when it comes to car audio as you can tell. I will probably end up getting either Infinity or Alpine 6.5 inch 250W peak power and 50W RMS front speakers and a Rockford 1275W Amp cuz 600W won't be enough like you said. The MTX thunderform loaded enclosure I bought looks really nice. In my opinion it looks better than the Qlogic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will get it all installed at Best Buy (there is no circuit city near me). They have reasonable prices. There is no way I could do it myself. I am thinking about getting Phoenix Gold wiring but I don't know what guage I need yet. The IPOD adapter for the pioneer headunit is $50 so I am definitely getting that for my nano and removing my Sony 10 disc CD changer.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
You will more than likely have a problem at night with your headlights going dim when the bass hitts. I notice mine dimming if I have the bass cranked up. But not enough to bother me.lol They sell capacitors that eliminate the battery issue. Im sure that Amp you plan to get will draw enough power to need it's own substation!

·
Registered
114 Posts
For sure. I'm only running a 400 RMS watt amp for the subs and 140 watt Total RMS amp for the doors; with the 130 amp alternator I notice my headlights dimming at night on good bass hits. I have not done the big three upgrade because the dimming isn't that bad, but it would probably help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.