Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a 2011 Dodge Avenger SXT Plus with the 2.4L 4-cylinder and the 6-speed automatic transmission. Has anyone experienced a lurch when you shift into drive ("D" range)? About once every 3 times the car lurches, with no dampening between neutral and drive.
I called my local Dodge service center about it and they told me that they have had numerous complaints about it by Caravan owners as well. They say because it's a new transmission there may be bugs to work out. My fear is that it might affect bearings and clutches down the road. When I asked them about that, they said not to worry about it, that the warranty will cover it should anything go wrong.
I have an appointment for next week, but can anyone tell me if they have had the same experience with theirs? I'd feel much better if I wasn't the only one, but I'd still like to know.
Thanks!!
Pete.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I've driven a few like that from all three domestic makers, usually there was a bit of a high idle involved in some of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was reading an Avenger forum. Seems many people don't like how the trans behaves while IN cruise or coasting to a stop. Behaves like a manual by down shifting to reduce speed quickly. Not just a develop gearing but a force shift which doesn't allow the car to coast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a new 12 Avenger R/T while under normal acceleration ( not rapid or merging into traffic) I have noticed the RPM's rev up about 300-500 between gear shifts. Very similar to an old junk car that has transmission slippage. The car has just over 1000 miles on it. I am not a Motorhead but an avid Shadetree. I have had other new cars and this doesn't seem normal.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I've got a 200 Touring with the V-6/6-speed combo and the trans and throttle computers seems to be programed more for mileage than performance, almost to the point of annoyance (went to pass somebody going up a steep hill and it shifted up instead of down when I got into it like I eould for my Cherokee:soapbox: ) Under not quite agressive driving is shifts fairly normal, but if I'm on it, it does feel almost like an electrically shifted manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.