DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched a lot of threads on many different forums. I´m planning to buy 2007 - 2008 2500 QC 4x4 with cummins 6.7. And only thing which I really want to know, is fuel consumption on such truck. Here, all diesel equipped RAMs falls to vehicle category where truck must have speed limiter ( max 53 mph). And vehicles have yearly inspections ( EGR delete possible but DPF not ) where one parts is smoking test ( K-value ).

So, my question is which kind of mpg I can expect IF max speed for the truck is 53 mph, mainly on highway and all in all light footed driving habits? Diesel cost here roughly 7$/gallon.

If I made DPF delete, is there any clean programmers ( which wont smoke a lot ) ?

My daily driver passenger car is BMW 530 dA Touring with 3 liter turbodiesel,
with tuner 260 hp / 610 Nm ( engine hp and torq ) with DPF, I can drive more than 1000 miles, without DPF regeneration. So, why on cummins with tuner, DPF is full after few WOT accelerations?

I dont tow or haul more or less anything, only passengers. How much 68RFE will stand power and torq without modifications?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm still gathering data as I've only had mine a couple weeks, but when I was cruising down the interstate mid-day last Friday afternoon, I'd just reset the average mpg readout and I got nearly 20 mpg at around 60 mph empty. I'm tracking the mileage myself because I don't trust the computer but just watching the fuel gauge, it seems to be possible that it is doing that well. Mine is totally stock. Haven't seen it go into regen yet and I've put about 300 miles on it...some around town...most on highways.

Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello i have a 07 6.7 3500 quad totaly stock at 56000 miles on it. my milage has always been one of the better trucks. after 30-35000 miles in town 17mpg not alot of traffic light but we have our share. on the hiway at 70,i get 20 mpg on road trips were hiway speeds are 55-65 i range 22-24 mpg hand calculated. 13 mpg towing heavey. i love my truck but the last thing i would do is use it as my every day driver milage is not that good. for that i have a 95 honda accord 300,000 on it still gets 30 mpg. oh and i dont care how dirty it gets im a bricklawer and i dont like getting cemeant / lime dust in my truck. i also wanted to mention on the regeneration ever since the factory G4 flash was done my overhead has not shown any info about regen or anything just system OK trust me the truck is regenerating you know no news is good news.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I drove a 2011 3500 4x4 auto quad cab. I towed a 7000lbs enclosed box trailer. I went 800 miles. I averaged 11.1 mpg on 400 miles and 11.2 mpg on 400 miles back. This is driving a little aggressive, around 70-75 mph. Truck had 8000 miles on it at the time. If I slowed down to 60, I would suspect 13-14 towing the trailer. Empty, I do not know at this time.

1,554 Posts
When I worked for Dodge we took a 2009 short bed 2500 4x4 to Cali, average speed was around 95mph (Truck was at 100 most of the way). It had less than 60 miles on it when we left. Mpg was 12.6

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ive never seen a engine rated in Newton* meters before, but I havnt seen to many specs on European cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drive from Texas to Florida on a semi-rgular basis. Mine gets 19.7 @ 75MPH now. There are a few tricks to get this kind of mileage including a DPF delete, tuner, head work and intake work. The electric fans for example gave me an extra .5 MPG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts