DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SIKE!....this is what making my decision hard. do i wanna wait for the 6.7 or get the 5.9. anyhow i did some reasearch to find out about programmers for the 6.7 here is what i got.

i spoke on the phone with EDGE. they guy there was really nice and helpfull and he said hes not sure when they will come out but they are gonna start working on them at the start of the new year. he said the motor is a really restictive motor with the new filtration system and all.

i wrote bullydog and this was their response.

"Right now we have not been able to get or hands on a 6.7L yet but wew ill be
offering stuff for those motors but as of right now we have not a clue as to
when we will have products available for that motor."

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
The problem they are going to run into is trying not to plug up the very expensive particulate trap in the exhaust system.

MikeyB

·
Registered
810 Posts
Get the 5.9 now. I got rid of my 6.0L because that thing had problems. Some of the problems had to do with the emissions crap on that engine. IF that stuff wasn't on there it would be a great engine. The new generation of emissions stuff will be even more troublesome. Pumping sooty exhaust back into an engine (EGR) has got to be the worst idea I have ever heard of. The VGT turbo, go over to the Ford web site and start reading about the turbo issues there. My truck sat in the shop for 2 weeks because they were on national back order. I wonder why? Because they were failing all over the place from soot making them stick that's why.

For my money, I'll take the simple 5.9 with no EGR no VGT, or any other unproven crap, and I did, and I am grinning all day long while I'm driving it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well, I imagine some tuner company will find away to keep the EGR valve closed. I believe it's electronically controlled. Won't have to worry about that.

Does it come with the particulate filter? If you don't have tail pipe sniffing emissions in your city, you could probably hollow that out.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Joey,

I am sure we will offer products for the 2007 6.7L Cummins, but we have no idea of knowing when it will be available as many factors play into how soon we can release a new product. It will have to go through development, alpha and beta testing before the product will be released to the public. We have a 6.7L Cummins truck on order, so as soon as we receive the truck we will begin development. Right now, our EJD3000BWAM will not even work on the early 2007 model 5.9L Cummins, so we are going to have to update that product as well. The best thing I can recommend is to check back periodically with our website, as any new products will be announced on the website. If you have any further questions, let us know.

Thanks, "

Cody Chatelain
Edge Products
1080 South Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404
Phone: 801-476-3343
Fax: 801-476-3348
www.edgeproducts.com

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Joey,
We haven't got one of those trucks and have been able to start working on a product for them but we are certainly going to design a product for that engine. We do understand about the Smog motor and changes and realize this is going to be a harder project but we do plan on tackling this project. We are planning on being the first to the market with this product. If you have anymore questions let us know."

Jared Venz
Edge Products
Sales Representative
1080 S. Depot Dr.
Ogden, UT 84404
1-888-360-3343 ext.142
fax (801) 476-3348
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts