DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
3,221 Posts
If I thought I could get away with it for Smog I would already have one of these on my truck. since I can't I will stick with shorty wires and change them back at smog time.

Bill

· New Project!...Again!
3,276 Posts
383HEMI said:
Is it really a performance upgrade or just for looks?

PH
So I have heard, because they dont have output wires, they are designed to fire both plugs at the same time without the slight delay a 5.7 coil would with shorties. I have heard because they were designed for it though, the spark is stronger. Heard this from a local guy that claimed they helped. Dont think he ever had a before/after dyno or time run though.

· Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,349 Posts
they dynoed a extra 50hp over stock coils..right!
i plan on getting thise to make the engine bay cleaner

· Registered
3,064 Posts

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Daytona1445 said:
If I thought I could get away with it for Smog I would already have one of these on my truck. since I can't I will stick with shorty wires and change them back at smog time.

Bill
why? shorties will pass smog just fine

· Registered
618 Posts
400rwhphemi said:
they dynoed a extra 50hp over stock coils..right!
i plan on getting thise to make the engine bay cleaner
Who got 50hp with just changing to the 6.1 coils? Do you mean the SRT8? If so that is because they have a bigger engine, better flowing heads, bigger cam, better programming, etc.

4,349 Posts
SRT10KLLR said:
Who got 50hp with just changing to the 6.1 coils? Do you mean the SRT8? If so that is because they have a bigger engine, better flowing heads, bigger cam, better programming, etc.
complete joke not the...right! comment!

only reason to get these is to clean up the engine bay and i might say it does

· Registered
1,700 Posts
Can somebody summarize how difficult of a job it would be to do this? If I can change my own sparkplugs, can I also handle doing this?

I've never pulled the valve covers off the engine.

4,349 Posts
its very easy just have a 1/4 drive socket with a deep weel 8mm and a 10 mm for the coil bolts

where you located i am sure someone is by you on the forum

· Registered
280 Posts
dumb question, but the moes link says to upgrade 02-05 coils to 06...i thought this was 5.7 to 6.1?

Do the 06 years already have them or whats the deal?

· Registered
1,700 Posts
400rwhphemi said:
its very easy just have a 1/4 drive socket with a deep weel 8mm and a 10 mm for the coil bolts

where you located i am sure someone is by you on the forum
I am located in Greenville, SC. :cool: Seems like everyone else is in Texas or California.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.