DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have all read the memo from dodge saying it will wreck our engines, but has ANYONE here had, or heard of, anyone having any problems after this swap ? does it require any additional mods such as valve springs or programmer ? did anyone dyno before and after to see what rwhp it adds ? thanks for any info guys

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I know of over 100 guys that have done this swap and I do not know of a single motor that has blown because of the cam. I have not dyno'd my truck with the cam yet, but the dyno's I have seen have shown anywhere from 20-30rwhp depending on your other mods. Valvesprings are not needed as I have put about 15,000-20,000 miles on my truck with the 6.1 cam and my stocks springs are holding up just fine. As for the programmer, I highly recommend you get one. You will still see a gain without the programmer, but it is night and day difference with it installed. I drove mine on the 87 octane tune for a few weeks and it felt like a complete dog.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so u recommend the programmer for sure, would the cam still show good power with the 87 tune on a programmer or would that be a bad combo ?

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
yeah i have not had any problems w/ mine eather i have been running it since jan i installed it when the truck had 12-14k miles and im at 32500 now and i run my truc really hard. i usually race it at the track once a month and cant keep my foot out of it all the rest of the time.

i installed my cam when the truck was compleatly stock, the thing really added alot of power i was actually really surprised. and then once i started opening it up that is when the power really came on. the headers let it breath so much better i was shocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.