DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got it done today, thanks to Erik(skaarew) and Mark for lending their much appreciated help today. I'd also like to thank Nick(Air_Ram) for his advice, and especially Chris(03ramit1) for the tons of tips and taking my multiple phone calls through out the day, you were a HUGE help Chris!! Anyway it's been raining here all day so I really can't tell much, but it does seem to pull much harder above 4000 RPM's then it did before. I really haven't been able to give it full throttle with it raining, it just starts spinning even at 60-65 so I'll have to wait until it dries out before I'll know. We zip tied the piss out of the sprockets and chain before we took it apart, and Erik was cool enough to hold the sprocket tight for about 15 minutes while we pulled the cam plate off, R&R the cam and put the cam plate back on. Here's a pic.....

Attachments

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a couple of pics of the crank pulley off and the Chrysler puller we "rented" from Autozone.....

Attachments

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd also like to add that the cam has some SHARP edges, when I was applying assembly lube, I got 4 little paper like cuts from the thing. We picked Erik to hold the cam sprocket so the chain didn't move because he has the biggest hands this side of Lurch!! This pic is me on the left and Erick on the right, just to let ya know, I have fairly large hands, X-Large mechanics gloves fit tight on my hands......

Attachments

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Awesome Sam!! Glad you got it all installed and running!! Now you better be ready for Friday because I will be looking for you at the track!!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!! Erik definitely wants to meet everyone at the track and do some racing so that's one more for Friday. Dang I wish it wasn't raining!!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No garage to work in?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Nice mod guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
awesome man pm me when you get on a dry road and let me know how it feels:) mine will be here tomorrow!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
geterdone04 said:
awesome man pm me when you get on a dry road and let me know how it feels:) mine will be here tomorrow!
I'll post what my impressions are just as soon as I get a dry stretch of pavement to attack!!! Good luck and start early, are you installing the springs too. Let me tell you it's TIGHT in there to replace the springs...easily would add 3-4 hours to the job. My stock springs had the oil splash guards on them just like the 6.1 springs do, those have to be a real b*tch to compress.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
actually i decided to just hold off on the springs and all im gonna leave the stockers in there for now and take a chance i mean hell matts ran his without springs and all and he dogs the crap out of his, and so have a few other members so im gonna try it without them i wont be shifting at 6300 im going to try and take the money i would have spent on shims, retainers, and springs and get a dyno and see where i really need to be shifting with the power band

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
geterdone04 said:
actually i decided to just hold off on the springs and all im gonna leave the stockers in there for now and take a chance i mean hell matts ran his without springs and all and he dogs the crap out of his, and so have a few other members so im gonna try it without them i wont be shifting at 6300 im going to try and take the money i would have spent on shims, retainers, and springs and get a dyno and see where i really need to be shifting with the power band
o3ramit1 (Chris) told me he had 20K miles on his 6.1 cam/stock spring combo. I really don't think there will be problems, but when/if I decide to do something with heads, I'll definitely at very least install the 6.1 springs.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We also removed the trans and power steering coolers, they just unbolted easily from the radiator. We tied the trans cooler up and away, and rested the power steering cooler on the floor out of the way.

Attachments

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
alright home safe finally....damn rain and crazy dallas drivers geesh too much! we had a good time today, too bad we couldn't try her out... sam wasnt kidding, at 60 mph, gave her some gas and starting spinning, not good! hopefully the roads will dry by tomorrow for a real test drive.....

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i also forgot to ask
can you hear it lope alittle bit? i know you dont have a cutout so it might not be that loud but could you hear the slightest bit? im hoping to hear even just a little bit!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
geterdone04 said:
i also forgot to ask
can you hear it lope alittle bit? i know you dont have a cutout so it might not be that loud but could you hear the slightest bit? im hoping to hear even just a little bit!
Hmmm maybe the slightest little bit, I hardly heard any difference, but Mark and Erik said they could hear a tiny bit of lope. It may be more noticable with a louder exhaust. Erik when are you ordering your 6.1 cam so we can install yours? I'll be in helper mode for that one, it's basically a one man job as only one man can stand in the engine bay. The other guy just becomes the helper and fetcher of stuff.....but it sure does suck crawling in and out of the engine compartment everytime you need something.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
geterdone04 said:
i also forgot to ask
Even with my cutout open, I cant hear much of a lope...This is far from a BIG agressive cam that will make others back down just by listening to your truck idle. This is more of a stealth cam that gives you just enough to get the upper edge on your opponent.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.