DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03, 6.0. today as I was driving, the motor started to run a s if it had a valve sticking. Within about two minutes it was running very rough and was blowing a grayish white smoke out the exhaust. The dodge garage figures it to be a blown cylender due to bad gas. If the cylender were blown my oil should have shavings and be discolored. The oil is clean and golden, but the truck won't fire now. It only has 103000 miles and I am in disagreement with thier assesment. What might be wrong. :VHOT:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Are you talking about the ford 6.0 motor?

The cummins are a 5.9

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
bad diesel blowing a cylinder? when do i start laughing. maybe after 50 tanks of bad diesel. Bad diesel will first start messing with the fuel filter, then the lift pump, then the injection pump.

I would first look at the lift pump and injection pump. a bad cylinder is the last place id look. Perhaps injectors? I know that ive seen a diesel blow white smoke when gasoline was poured in instead of diesel.... Also seen gray/white smoke when injectors were the cause...

Is this a Dodge dealer thing or did a cummins rep come into town? i dont trust a dealer unless its a viper tech (only one who works on my truck) or a cummins rep that did the assesment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.