DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1958 half ton looking to put in new rear leaf springs they're 50 in also going to do an axle flip how to put a Ford 8.8 on top of them anybody got any advice I need to remount the brackets on the axel and widen them as well. Thanks

·
1973 Dodge B100
9 Posts
I think that some of the parts you might need are available but you will never find them by entering your application info into a parts search engine (1958 D100 ...). You will need to measure the parameters of the part and call a leaf spring manufacturer, if they don't have it in stock they can probably build it.
After a while you may learn that a specific part may have also been used on a Chevy or Ford, then you can at least find enough info to look for a replacement.
Example...
I needed a steering column OR parts to rebuild my steering column my 73 B100, No parts house listed the item but it turns out it was built by Saginaw, they also supplied steering columns for many 70s GM models, the detective work got much easier as old GM parts are WAY more plentiful than old Dodge parts.
Document your research, even if you never need to replace the part again someday someone will end up with your truck and appreciate your research.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You might try vintagepowerwagons.com many parts are the same as the two wheel drive. As for springs larger cities have shops that manufacture leaf springs per order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts