DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Dodge fans, my family has a long history of Dodge ownership and it's time to figure out what to do with the oldest one. I've arrived here through searches and from the posts I've read there seem to be some pretty knowledgeable Dodge aficionados here. So I'm here solely in the hope that someone can tell me enough about this truck that I can make some intelligent decisions about what to do with it. My parents are now in their 80s and getting ready to move away from their Idaho farm. Their 57 Dodge pickup is one of the many things that needs to be sorted out. It was driven to the farm 40 years ago and it has been parked in that spot ever since. They stopped driving it then because it didn't have the room to transport the whole family. I've been trying to do some research on it but I've found nothing on K-100 which is what the title says. Decoding the vin tells me the engine is a 315 and I've always heard that it is a hemi. I can't find anything on that either. I've attached some pictures of the truck, can anyone help?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Moparite, that does help. I was reading about the poly heads and wondered if that's what it was. Can you tell that just by looking at the picture of the engine?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Thank you Moparite, that does help.

I was reading about the poly heads and wondered if that's what it was. Can you tell that just by looking at the picture of the engine?
Yes it's a poly; aka type "A" engine (narrow valve covers held by 2 bolts, and individual (not paired) intake and exhaust ports are some identifiers)). ... Nice truck!!

·
Old Cars, Strong Hearts
789 Posts
That is a cool 1957 Dodge pickup. Too bad it's been sitting for so long. Hope you are able to figure out what to do with it ... & hope it is restored & loved somehow.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"I'm in no hurry" __ Citizen King __ 'Better Days'

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back when nobody paid attention to seatbelts and safety ratings we did alot of camping in that setup. It would be nice if somebody restored it but I can't find a relative who has the time or interest to take it on so I guess I'll be putting it on craigslist. Does anyone have a ballpark price suggestion?

·
Old Cars, Strong Hearts
789 Posts
I echo Moparite's suggestions. I would think you'd get more people who are interested in actually restoring it. You might also try AACA ... I'd suspect you might get some interest there, too.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"Nowadays you can't be too sentimental" __ Billy Joel __ 'It's Still Rock And Roll To Me'

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Id go eBay and let the market decide! Might get stupid $$ bids for that truck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.