DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the fastman 50mm tb, haven't had a chance to drive the "D" though. I definately hear a difference when I rev the engine, I 'l let everyone know if there's a difference in performance when I drive it. :rck:

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Make sure you've reset the PCM!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was done, thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
coachholland said:
Make sure you've reset the PCM!
What do you need to do to reset the PCM?

Dman98 - I am very interested to hear what you think of this mod.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thrill023 said:
What do you need to do to reset the PCM?

Dman98 - I am very interested to hear what you think of this mod.
Disconnect the neg battery cable for a minute. All it does is let the PCM (Engine Computer) re-learn the air-fuel mixture, timing, etc. You should do this when adding mods like the throttle body, the PCM will always be making adjustments but it takes more time if you don't reset it.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Not only do you disconnect the battery, you also turn the key over to the start position and hold it for 20-30 seconds. That clears it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the whooshing sound the Tb makes when I hit the throttle, I get a lot of looks from people on the street and it's definately more responsive. I'm still evaluating performance and I'm dedication a tank of gas the project. For now, there's no hesitation, idle problems or power drop off.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turbo

With the fastman tb installed, I've been asked if I have a turbo. The sound is amazing, I can't stop punching the throttle. There's also an increase in power, with this lead foot and sound craving there goes my gas mileage. :rck:

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
The TB along with your air intake ought to make for a really nice sound. I love the sound that comes from my 360 Intake. This reminds me though that I need to call Dan when I get back from Chicago. I think it's finally time to get that puppy on my D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.