DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trucks Rule
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is freezing cold once again, been sitting around looking at speed parts..

Been thinking of my trucks 5 year plan.

I would like the truck to be in the mid 12's within that time frame. I want to keep it fairly stock looking (stock 17's, a roll pan, a cowl hood, and a damn solid rear window!) but I want it to be decently quick N/A, and a bad mother on the juice.

Still thinking 2.02 valved CNC'd heads, but not sure on the cam. Its always been a 260ish grind, but I'm after torque and I'm not against going to a custom grind to really dial it in. Since B&G seems able to work with the 03 PCM, I may go that route for tuning. (Havent contacted them though to verify)

The main thing I've been considering is a large (175+), safe shot of nitrous. From what I've read over the years, I think these short blocks and factory rotating assemblies are strong.. (I make a distinction between a setup that can handle additional horsepower, and a setup that can handle mistakes in tuning.) I think these 5.7's can handle a large shot of nitrous or F.I. when done right. I love the idea of a P.D. blower or a turbo, but price, reliability, and power of nitrous is hard to dismiss.

I think a nitrous system with a separate dedicated fuel system and a progressive controller would be a very powerful and safe setup. I saw an article on another hemi truck site that was an installation of a wet system with its own separate fuel system and I've always liked the idea of it. Fill that cell with some race fuel, drop in some 175+ jets and run it on a progressive controller to handle traction issues as well as soften the blow on the engine/trans/drivetrain, with the progressive controller ramping up % wise and the full hit not till the top of 2nd or the front of 3rd gear. What would a Heads/cam/200 shot QC 4x4 run in the 1/4?

Probably going to need a built trans and/or a standing order on salvage yard trannys. :D

A guy can dream can't he?

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
As you work toward your goals you will learn what works and what doesn't. There are some fast 03's out there and with time and money you can be one of them. Good luck..

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
"Probably going to need a built trans and/or a standing order on salvage yard trannys."

yup..like me...

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
Fred, is hoarding legal?

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Is that four or five hiding in your front room,
Sorry off track

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
3..all broken lol..I keep tellin myself to rebuild one but opportunities come up where they are given to me so i runnem til I breakem....

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
3..all broken lol..I keep tellin myself to rebuild one but opportunities come up where they are given to me so i runnem til I breakem....
So did that 1 ton tranny cooler make your tranny's last that much longer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.