DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger door has been sqeaking/rattling alot more now that its winter and I'll be looking to fix it myself after my experience today with my "5" star dealer. I took my truck in this morning for a lube/oil change at the local dealer and told them my passenger door sqeaks/rattles quite a bit. They said not a problem, we'll look into it. When the oil change was done they mentioned they pulled the panel off but couldn't pinpoint the rattle without more time and a test drive. I told them fine and I would be back at a later date. Now get this. On my way home I notice the passenger door panel doesn't look quite right. It seemed to sit higher and had sort of a bow in the middle. When I got home I noticed they didn't put the panel back on properly and at the bottom where there are those two screws they took something metal (I'm guessing a door panel remover) and scratched the sh!t out of the paint under the panel :VHOT: :VHOT:
Now I'm P!SSED!!!! After taking the panel off and putting it back on proper I called the dealer and tore him a new you know what. They said they were very sorry and could understand why I was mad and upset. They said they would fix everything proper next time I was in. I told him there might not be a next time! Is this what I'm to expect from a "5" star dealer?!?!?!

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Not all 5 star dealers are the same ... we have 3 - 5 star dealers within an hour of each other and have had bad experiance's at one but not the other. For instance service writer takes an appointment for my truck for the next day . I drop it off and when I go to pick it up they say they never got a chance to do anything to it and when I got in the plastic cover that covers the bolt for the drivers top part of the seat belt was sitting in the back seat ...... I only go to that dealer when I need parts or some sort of a flash cause a buddy works there and I can get hime to do stuff with the DRB for me.

You could call Chrysler in your area and complain .... they do have to meet some criteria to be a 5 star but not sure what it is now but I know in 97 it was pretty tight to where not everyone got the 5 star rating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.