DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put together a 5" suspension or a 7" suspension. There is a 5" rough country for about $900. I remember seeing a 5" lift for about $650 in a magazine. Does anyone know which one this was. I already have a 2" spacer lift therefore I want to know what I need to put together a lift. I have heard that its a lot cheaper to put together a kit yourself, what would I need for this???

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
Biggest problems you'll run into is Control Arm Lenght, If you try to force an extra couple of inches outa a 5" suspension, the axle isn't going to sit in the propper location or at the proper angle. Don't mess around. Do it White, or don't do it at all.

Get teh Skyjacker 7" Long Arm System. *DROOL*

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not talking about making a 5" into a 7". I'm talking about making my own 5" lift or 7" lift... With a variety of parts from different companies to make one for cheaper. For example, coils from skyjacker, aal from a different company, etc...

·
Registered
152 Posts
the tuff country 5" (or 4.5 as they call it..front is 5", back is 3", transfer-case is 4.5") is around $650

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where at? does it include everything that I need

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
2001offroad5.9 said:
I'm not talking about making a 5" into a 7". I'm talking about making my own 5" lift or 7" lift... With a variety of parts from different companies to make one for cheaper. For example, coils from skyjacker, aal from a different company, etc...
Sorry, I must have misread. I suppose you MIGHT be able to piece one together cheaper, but typically that's cause you have coils or arms or somthing already. I don't know about buying all new cheaper, kinda doubt it

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
mike_ct said:
the tuff country 5" (or 4.5 as they call it..front is 5", back is 3", transfer-case is 4.5") is around $650
That's a coil spacer lift if I'm not mistaken. 5" worth of coil spacer is too much in my mind.

See my sig for my set up. I'm pretty happy with it. The ride aint great, but I don't drive a Cadilac. Here's what I plan on doing with the truck once I get tired of this set up.

7" coils, Dick Cepek long arms (possibly a custom set - depends on bank account, and the effect of the coil spacers), 3" coil spacer. That's the front. I'm going to have to do something about the brake lines when I do it. I jimmy'd the stock lines for now and it works just fine. You'll probably have to go custom on the brake lines when you do 'em.

For the rear.... I'd really like to do a custom 4 link with coil springs, if not coil overs. But that's a big task that I haven't even started on. It'd be a lot cheaper just to go with a new spring pack, or a combo of spring pack and blocks, but the ride is going to suck with springs that stiff and steep.

With that much lift, 42" - 44" tires would look great. You'll need an elevator to get in the truck - and remember - Fat Chicks Can't Jump!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.