Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all

kinda new here, I own an 03 1500 QC and am planing on changing a bunch of stuff in the truck... I am going pretty far on the perf upgrade by adding a sts turbo, so it will be packing some serious power.

I currently have a 5-6" lift kit that I know nothing about since the previous owner installed it, with a pair of BFG 315/70/17, so 35s pretty much.

Here is what I planed to change it to: 4-5" Rough Country lift kit, Fox racing shocks and with 5" Leaf Springs from Skyjacker in the back instead of a lift block. I'll also add some Skyjacker T-Bar, I guess that will help keep everything together :)

How will the street handling be with this set up? I know it will be no real sports car in the cornering performance, but I hope it can still stick on the road pretty good :rck:

For wheels and rims I wanted to use 24" rockstars (24X12) with some g-force BFG 305/35R24/XL so thats like 32.6" tires. First question, those wheels will fit right? Going from 35s on a 5-6 lift to 32s on a 4" lift how will that look?

I really wonder how the 33s street tires will look under a 4" rough country if anyone has pics of a similar setup that would be killer

·
Registered
284 Posts
Check out some kumho a/t tires I think they have a few sizes for the 24's I know they do in M/T but believe its a 37.. I think you need at least to keep 35's on it... 33's would even look way to small! I am guessing you are 4wd? If 2wd... I still think 35's would fit ... or find something with like a 33.5 or 34 measurment.. but for 4wd at least 35's

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I think those tires will look strange. Not only would 33's be too small with a 5" lift, but with 24's, the sidewall will look like rubber bands! Some guys might like that look, and I do to a certain point (I have 20's with 35's), but that would be a bit extreme to me.
Find someone who has a similar set up and see how you like it. If you like it, then that is all that matters.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I like the idea with the lift and big tires, but why not a 22 and 35s?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
well yeah it might look strange, thats why I hoped I could see a pic from someone with a similar setup :)

I want to have street tires so if I wanted them at least 35 I need to use a pretty big rim I guess. But it's true that a 24" with a 33.5 tire might look really odd... I'll see what kind of bigger tires I can fit on a 24 or 22, I'll look into kumho, thx for the tip

EDIT: Ok I just checked out Kumho's site, looks like the best fit would be those: 37/14.00R24. The rough county kit with a 5" lift leaf spring in the back will clear those easily right? Also those tires will fit on a 24x12 rim right?

Also, how do those MT tires handle on the roads?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I already checked dont waste time... they have them for 22's though!! I think that would be a sweet setup... 22 inch rockstars with some 35 inch kumho a/ts HELL YEAH!!

·
3,401 Posts
My Nitto Mudds handle just fine, They are aggreasive so any large rut they find, but I often do 80-90 mph with them

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 24's will not look right on anything smaller then a 38 or a 40. I think it would be a waste but thats just my own 2 cents. I have the rockstars on mine with the nitto terra grappler in a 35 and it just about doenst look big enough. It really needs to be a bigger tire then a 35 for even a 22 the sidewall just isnt there. I have pics of mine on the link but like I said I want to go with a bigger tires but for now the 35's will do. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88834

·
3,401 Posts
Hey I was in that thread!!! Truck still looks great!!

·
3,401 Posts
I'm shoocked this site hasn't sucked you in!!!

·
Alumni
540 Posts
I have a fabtech lift, and it rides like its stock...seriously its not that different...I came to this conclusion the other day as I swerved sharply to avoid an unseen object on I 75 the other day...going 85. The truck barely swayed.

I have to say though...if your going to put that much money into your ride...go with the Fabtech lift. Its worth the extra 2-3 hundred bucks for that security.

·
3,401 Posts
SARThree I really wish I would have seen you at the Gainesville GTG, I was the only 4X4.... :bawl:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well those 22 on the 35 tire look pretty damn good!! Makes me think that a 24 on 37 might be good too :)
The fabtech lift kit also looks good, I'm torn between the two lol But I will have to install everything myself, so I also need to take that into account

EDIT: looks like rough country got a somewhat new lift kit aswell, the one on their site is different from most that you find on other sites

with the fox perf shocks and a spring leaf in the back instead of those lift blocks should make for a pretty slick kit

·
Alumni
540 Posts
gc714 said:
SARThree I really wish I would have seen you at the Gainesville GTG, I was the only 4X4.... :bawl:
Sorry man...I'm a bad Florida member...

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
5" lift on 32's will look down-right retarded

I know there's tires out there in the 35" range for 24's, because that's what H2's run

·
3,401 Posts
SARThree said:
Sorry man...I'm a bad Florida member...
Maybe the next one?

·
Alumni
540 Posts
gc714 said:
Maybe the next one?
Yea man...I really need to. Any word on where/when...or is it too soon since Gainesville.

·
3,401 Posts
ANIMAL said:
Is there some thing wrong with the lift thats on it now, it just seem's like a lot of work and $$$ to drop it 1". :dunno:
I was thinking the same thing.

Sarthree there might be a small Orlando coming up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.