DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I loose anything by going to a strait 5" pipe? (mileage, Throttle response, hp/ftlbs, etc.)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I can't think of any problems since we're turbocharged.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
trd22783 said:
Would I loose anything by going to a strait 5" pipe?
Your hearing :D

By the way I love mine, ya can't get much louder.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I changed mine over love it, makes my stacks sound even better i recomend it to everyone. but theirs guys out their that say its a waste to just go with 4 inch i would do it over and over. 5 inch is the way to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put the bulldog 5" on, its was a horror show putting on, the hangers suck, other than that is sounds great but you loose a little with a stock truck and such a big pipe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yup its a waste, and hurts performance but does sound good since its so much deeper.

there are 600-700hp trucks out there still running 4" exhaust so don't tell me its needed for high HP.

From what I have been told, it can hurt performance because what happens is when you open that pipe up to 5" (or some nuts even go to 6") you give the exhaust gasses alot more room to expand once they leave the turbo. this has a cooling affect on the gas (think science: when pressure drops so does temperature) and this in turn slows down the whole exhaust stream, and the whole object is to get that exhaust out as fast as possible right?

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
I have herd both side by side and yes the 5" is deeper than the 4". But I love the sound of my 4", would never trade it. Like said above there are 700hp trucks running 4". But if you want the 5" deep roar, have at it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
getblown5.9 said:
yup its a waste, and hurts performance but does sound good since its so much deeper.

there are 600-700hp trucks out there still running 4" exhaust so don't tell me its needed for high HP.

From what I have been told, it can hurt performance because what happens is when you open that pipe up to 5" (or some nuts even go to 6") you give the exhaust gasses alot more room to expand once they leave the turbo. this has a cooling affect on the gas (think science: when pressure drops so does temperature) and this in turn slows down the whole exhaust stream, and the whole object is to get that exhaust out as fast as possible right?

Thanks, I can see that. I guess if it was the other way, the pulling tractors would have some really big exhaust pipes...especially the Pro Stocks and their singles.
They do sound good though...one went by me saturday straight piped :rck:
The gasser exhausts have got really weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.