DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a coolant leak that I could not track down for a while. Turns out it was at the plastic portion of the upper radiator hose where the cap is at. The hoses themselves where in great shape, but the connections to the plastic was where the leak was from. I ended up replacing the whole hose, but was there an easier/cheaper fix for this. Sucks that it was just a bad design. Luckily the easiest hose replacement I have had to do and the first "repair" ever on the D!

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
I'm not sure about the part, but mine's still in decent shape. I can squeeze it fine and it goes back to shape without issue. I know I read on here that the lower rad hose clamp can rust, and eventually loosen the lower hose, so you may want to check that out. I looked at mine and it was OK, as the plastic piece under the rad seemed to be keeping unwanted moisture away. While you have the hose off it'd be wise to replace the thermostat as well if the one in there now is original.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For some reason the part stores sell both pieces of rubber but not the plastic in between them. The dealer only sells the entire hose plastic and all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is a dealer only hose. I just replaced mine about two weeks ago. The part stores tried to sell me the two pieces of hose and said that they just needed to be spliced together.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the same problem. The hose from the cap to the radiator is leaking. I got a replacement hose (Pep Boys) but can't figure how to get the hose loose from the plastic piece the cap is one.

There is a metal ring around the hose, but no place to loosen it. Brute force or am I missing something?

·
Registered
9 Posts
take back the hose and get the right one from rock auto or the dealer. I hate buying stuff from the dealer but this time there's not much choice.

·
Registered
606 Posts
actually guys I got mine for like 40 bucks from the dealer.... This happened to me about 2 years ago...easy fix and no problems since.... trust me its worth the money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.