DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running a true dual system ? Is it a kit or what parts did you use ? dual cats ? thanks Rick

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too have an indy ram, the first thing i did was put tru-duels on it...i just had the guy cut the pipe right after my headers, and run 'em straight back through flowmaster 40 series (got rid of the cat) then i used 3.5 in slant cut chrome tips....looks and sounds great, you will need to buy o2 dummies for it though you can get them from jegs

·
Read Only
646 Posts
I am also running a true dual exhaust, coming off the headers each side goes into their own high flow cat, then into 3in pipe which down sizes to 2 1/4 '' by the time it reaches the rear bumper.

Mine was custom done by a local exhaust shop.

[Redacted]

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
did you guys notice any tourqe loss with your set up?

I heard that you loose alot of power off the line with true duals

·
Registered
287 Posts
i was just thinking the same thing...when i was getting my exhaust done a year ago, everyone told me to stay away from true dual, because of the loss of back pressure. i talked to a few exhaust guys, and according to them the best thing would be a bolt on cat-back system, it free's up the exhaust without cutting out your back pressure to much. A few people who i did talk to who had true duals, and some on this forum, will also tell you they felt a loss in torque. From what i understand, you can only gain so much power with these modern computer controlled engines, unless of course you are going to change your computer. True duals may work really well if you are going to mod other aspects of the car such as a performance intake manifold, cams, ect. But for just an exhaust i would go with a catback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.