DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished my 92 5.9 swap. its standard bore, rhs heads, mopar m1 mpi intake, fastman throttle body, heddman headers, comp 264 cam, comp roller rockers, and kb 9.8to1 pistons. engine has almost 1,000 miles on it, and it just doesnt seem to have the power, the engine originally came out of a 92 van, ive tried the ecm out of the van and the engine runs like sh**. the 92 5.2 ecm drives good, but no power. i was going to buy a mopar perf. high perf. ecm, but will the 94 ecm work with the 92 set up already in the truck. i just dont want to waste 300$ that is kinda hard to come by right now. thanks for any info.

·
Crazy4x4RT
1,341 Posts
Buy a 94-95 Ram 5.9 Mopar performance computer. That is what I did. I have a 5.9 tons of performance parts and the 94 MP. The only issue with it is the Rams came with a transmission temp sensor. The code will be stored for no trans temp sensor, but it will not be a check engine light.

1,000 times better. Trust me. Go to www.summitracing.com

Post up pics and videos.

Also if you have an automatic it will suck down the power. A Manual transmission will free up some. As well as an electric fan swap. Very easy, I did it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.