DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ram 1500 with 5.9. After sitting for a few days. After starting run a little rough like a miss. As it was raining and had been raining I though that after running it a while it would warm up and dry out. After about 2 blocks started running extremly rough and no power. Tried to make it back home but truck wouldn't pull itself. Changed plugs, dist cap, wires, no difference. Checked fuel pump relays and fuel pressure. All checked out ok, same results. Will now run for approx. 1min on start-up, idle poor the whole time and then die. Because it does start I am assuming the crank sensor is OK. What sensors are working during open loop and where do I go next? Fuel volume perhaps or another sensor?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
when you start it back up does it still have the miss? Can you rev it up when you start it back up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No immediate miss on restart. Will after about 30 sec. get rough on idle and die. Tried to rev it up and it falls flat and dies. By the way...no trouble codes

·
Wetherdad
120 Posts
did you come up with a fix?? I am begining to have a similar issue with my 5.2.........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, finally came up with a fix....I replaced plugs, wires, distrib. cap, camshaft sensor (My dealer called it a Hall sensor and none of the usual parts stores carry it) and iac valve. Runs like the champ it is now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.