DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like some of yall who have been following my purchasing delima, i will be purchasing in mid to late march. will the 5.9 still be available? im not sure if ill be able to afford the extra cost of the 6.7

·
Registered
852 Posts
I would say no... You better jump on one now, because if there are some left on the losts in March, they probably wont have anything you like...

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id love to jump on one now...infact...if i could afford it i would. however im waiting till i graduate the academy and after ive saved up some money and get a pay raise

·
16oz. to freedom!
1,106 Posts
i will give you a loan.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. i appreciate it. but id rather stick to my under lending, high intrest, un personable credit union or good ol' DC then take anything from you.

·
16oz. to freedom!
1,106 Posts
haha i got cash to buy one right now. i need you to be a guinea pig on the 6.7 for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
how about a dealer and a website to see what they have that actually has the 5.9's in stock within a state or 2 away from pa....none in the pittsburgh area have any that i know of..everyone wants to find ya one

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
In March I would say you would still have a chance at finding a 5.9 since the last one will come off the line at the end of December and probably won't hit the showroom floor till the end of January.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks. anyone know how much more the new 6.7 will be

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
If you go by the pricing on the 07 cab and chassis with the 6.7L the price is the same.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
You may also be able to get a great deal on a slightly used 06 or 07 in March. You will save a bunch of $$$ on it then....

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah the price will be much better...but its my impression that the diff in price would be made up in the intrest % difference between a new truck and a used truck?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I hope you are not picky on color and options. I also heard the 07 5.9 has a different computer then the 06 so less mods available.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Josh Brown said:
I hope you are not picky on color and options. I also heard the 07 5.9 has a different computer then the 06 so less mods available.
You heard right

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no im not too picky. i only want black or dark grey or inferno red. haha. im not worried about the mods immediately. im just worried about getting the truck first.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
no im not too picky. i only want black or dark grey or inferno red. haha. im not worried about the mods immediately. im just worried about getting the truck first.
Keep in mind the mods may never come of a 07 with the 5.9. It would not be cost effective to make computers for a rig that was only sold for 6 months. My vote is a 06 or get the 6.7 if you get a 07. I got a 06 just because I did not want the 6.7 but you may find you have a odd ball truck with nothing available. It's kind of like the Hemi they scrapped all supercharger plans for the 03 because it was a one year computer.

·
16oz. to freedom!
1,106 Posts
byra,

I just prices a 2007 Ram 3500 Chassis Cab and the 6.7 with 6-speed auto added $7850.00 without the auto only $5555.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not much of a diff from the 5.9. i decided on the kahki metalic. it will look nice with a solid lift and tires and my camouflage accents. camouflage body molding strips, camouflage bumper covers, and rockers baby! bringing the country to your !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.