DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Durango (140K kilometers, 87K miles) has come down with a cylinder 1 misfire. The codes being thrown off pointed to a cylinder 1 MDS solenoid. This was replaced. We also put in a set of 16 spark plugs because they were due for replacement.

Previously, a code pointing to a defective Bank 2, Sensor 2 oxygen sensor came up. This was replaced. The behaviour continued.

The vehicle runs very rough whether cold or warmed up (juddering) when at near neutral throttle and beginning to lightly accelerate. There was no change in noise, very very slight ticking sound, but we think nothing new. When this behaviour started, I basically stopped driving it and started looking for a solution. The juddering really worried me. I have a very good mobile mechanic who knows the vehicle well.

The behaviour is the same maybe worse after replacing the MDS solenoid which we know is now working. The compression in cylinder 1 is 90lbs. Pretty low. We are going to pull the valve cover on cylinder 1 side to see what we can. Someone mentioned using a camera in the cylinder chamber. The computer says cylinder 1 misfire and something has caused the compression to be low. Would love to get her going for another year or so. Any ideas for next steps root problem? Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nit:
I think you are on the right track by removing the valve cover, and looking for signs of valve spring or rocker arm damage. There was a bad batch of 06 Hemi heads (mostly on the Chargers) that are known to drop the valve seats.
Lastly, you may have a worn cam lobe on that particular intake valve. You should be able to see the difference in how it operates in comparison to the others with the VC off.

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.