DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another casting that will work with a late 2004-2012 5.7 Ram. It is a 801 casting. Stock blade, edge of the inlet is just over 85mm, backside is just under 85mm. Finish is 320 grit with polishing compound so it has a very smooth, machined look. Has not been used since porting.

200 shipped, 80.00 back if you send me your core.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
careful. different year trucks have different electrical connections so they will not interchange

·
Registered
164 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
careful. different year trucks have different electrical connections so they will not interchange
I am aware of this. 2003-mid 2004 had the 120/805 TB, LX/Jeeps have the 847 casting, and late 04 to 2012 Rams have the 801 casting. Good looking out though. This casting is off of a '07.

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
so do you do this yourself? Does it net that great of a gain even with the butterfly still being 80mm?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Castings might be the same but the electrical connections are different. Check out the fastmans site for reference on the connections and years.

80mm butterfly on a ported TB will allow too much air to pass through and it won't run or idle right. Trust me, I've tried.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Castings might be the same but the electrical connections are different. Check out the fastmans site for reference on the connections and years.

80mm butterfly on a ported TB will allow too much air to pass through and it won't run or idle right. Trust me, I've tried.
Right, but the electrical connections are the same from late 2004 until present for all Ram TBs (using the 801 casting) The 801/805/120 casting is identical, but the 801 has a different electrical connector than the 805/120 casting. 805 & 120 are used exclusively for 2003-early 04 Hemis. The 847 is used exclusively for LXs/Jeeps and is a different casting from any of the others.

At the butterfly the diameter is unchanged. This ensures proper idle. The inlet and backside are tapered to the diameter of the stock butterfly. Now, if this were ported/bored to a larger diameter all the way through and the blade was not enlarged, then yes, you would be absolutely correct, but as long as the opening at where the blade rests at idle does not change, the idle speed will not change. HHP sells the exact same design, only difference is it is done by a multi axis CNC and they charge 500 dollars for it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just bought a used one off of her...I love it. And all I have is a k&n CAI. You will notice your most gain in the low RPM range. It gives it some get up and go. You will notice more if you have more mods.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK this is tentatively back up for sale, I have a buyer pending but until I have payment it is still for sale.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
One of the easiest mods done for the hemi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.