DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally did my plugs today at about 45k. was at the shop I work at and decided Id take a look at their condition and sure enough it was time.

It really wasnt too bad except for the two rear cylinders drivers side and the passenger rear where the heater hoses are. I found disconnecting the coil packs on those ones to be the real pain the plugs came out np for the most part. Id definalty recommend starting with the pita plugs first cause once you got those ones down it isnt all that hard just a bit tedious as there are 16 plugs.

I put in the factory champions gapped em to .045 started them all by hand then tightened 1/8 turn tops after they were seated. also used a little anti-sieze to aid in installation of plugs and coil pack bolts definatly helps when trying to bolt back on those coil packs buried under the brake booster you can get em almost snug by hand.

The tools I recomend to have no issues with this install would be a 1/4 swivel head ratchet, a real fine tooth reg 1/4 ratchet,10mm shallow and maybe a small 1/4 ext. for the coil packs.

for the plugs I used a reg 5/8 sparkplug socket with a universal ext. and a combo of my wobble head extensions think they are 1,3,and 6 inch all 3/8s drive had no issues gaining access to all pugs with these combos for a ratchet I used a reg flex head. I also had a long magnet handy in case I dropped stuff

It took me about two and half hours to do including setup time. I wasnt really hurrying but trying to keep a steady pace so I could gauge what to charge someone for this install. I work with a few people asking me to do these. Imo I wouldnt do these for anything less than 125-150

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.