DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , noticed my water pump is starting to leak so goin to replace it can anyone offer some info or links on how to? specifcally on how to take the fan shaft off the pump pulley.

does it matter what brand of pump I use?

any info is appreciated

·
Registered
93 Posts
Shouldn't the dealership be taking care of this?

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
^^^good point.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
This is the first I've heard of a Hemi water pump failure....Has anyone else had to replace there's..?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shouldn't the dealership be taking care of this?
didnt get the extended warranty...

doesnt look too bad to do was just looking to see if there was info from someone here that had done it already

·
Registered
54 Posts
replaced mine took around one hour get a spaner wrench from oreill'y, western auto, autozone real easy to do just a pain in the ass to get the cooling system to bleed all the air pockets out

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
replaced mine took around one hour get a spaner wrench from oreill'y, western auto, autozone real easy to do just a pain in the ass to get the cooling system to bleed all the air pockets out
what did you need the spanner wrench for ? was it to get the fan shaft and hub off?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
My buddy Scott just replaced his last weekend. He put on the high flow unit from the 6.1L while he was at it. You can jab a couple screwdrivers in the holes to stop the fan from spinning, crack it loose and your good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My buddy Scott just replaced his last weekend. He put on the high flow unit from the 6.1L while he was at it. You can jab a couple screwdrivers in the holes to stop the fan from spinning, crack it loose and your good.

where can I get the 6.1 highflow waterpump?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Well I think its just techinically called a hi-flow pump now, but I believe its the same one as the 6.1L uses. When we looked at his stock one side by side with this one, they appear the same. However when you look at the "impeller" inside, the stock 5.7 one was a flat faced wheel. The hi-flow unit has a vaned wheel with little grooves for more efficiency/volume.

Dodge Part # 53021380AM

KB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.