DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today my truck did something very strange. i opened it up at low speed. probably about 15-20 mph and it just cut out on me. the truck didnt completley die or anything it just didnt accelerate. it shot to about 3000 rpm and then the rpms fell off. i had the pedal to the floor. i tried to punch it again and the same thing happened. I removed my programer and tried it again and couldnt get it to do it again which sucks because i cant duplicate the problem for the stealership.
i was thinking transmission failure. only reason i can come up with for it not slipping with the programmer removed is more tq. management. anyone else have this problem? :help:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i set the 91 tune again and can't duplicate the problem. i seem to be getting better mpg's. maybe i was running to lean? i dont know, but i hope it doesnt happen again.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
no codes?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not a one.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Sounds like it went into limp mode somehow? But that should trigger a CEL or the electronic throttle light to come on.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I don't know... These computers usually pick up everything but there is a thing called the misfire counter, and it could have misfired but not enough to set the light off.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didnt pull a code or a light. i checked just to be sure with my programmer and had no error codes. it freaked me out.thought my tranny was done at only 45000

·
Registered
111 Posts
FWIW. I have seen this condition on two other cars. Both related to the MAF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.