DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told at the parts dept here locally that the part number for the 6.2 valvespring and the 5.7 valve spring are the same..
Anybody know if this is true?
I was under the inpression that they even had diff. manufacturers much less part numbers....
Thanks..
L.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
No they are different, the 6.1 has different exhaust and intake springs. If you are going to install the 6.1 springs on your 5.7 then you can ONLY use the exhaust. The intake springs will NOT work on the the 5.7.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sooooooooooo.
You install ALL exhaust valves oem 6.1 style , even using them for intake?
I am confused. I guess just the OEM springs differ, and the comp cams work work with both?
L.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Yes you can only use the 6.1 exhaust spring on the 5.7, so you would need 16. I forgot why the intake springs wouldn't work, something about them not able to compress enough? Anyway they are a very cheap alternative to Comp and Manley. I paid $80 shipped for mine, unfortunately I sold them with my old 6.1 cam. I just recently bought another 6.1 cam and I'm installing it this weekend.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
talk to damon at makeitmopar.com
i am buying my 6.1 springs (16 of them exhaust side) and 16 retainers for 65 shipped! so really they are 55 if you dont need shipping:)
the reason you can only use exhaust is because they are supposedly longer and wont work
i cant wait for my shit to get in

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
geterdone04 said:
talk to damon at makeitmopar.com
i am buying my 6.1 springs (16 of them exhaust side) and 16 retainers for 65 shipped! so really they are 55 if you dont need shipping:)
the reason you can only use exhaust is because they are supposedly longer and wont work
i cant wait for my shit to get in
Cool good find!!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
hey man gotta try to find cheapest parts and save money wherever for more mods LOL
hell my dealer wanted double that so i went back online searching, glad i did!
now just gotta see if i can change my shift points when i get the tuner tuesday to 6300 while im stock cause if i can then im DEF going to when i get the springs which i was told i def need the tuner if im running performance setting with the 6.1

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Don't forget guys, if you decide to use the 6.1 exhaust springs you will need to shim it. I think I had to buy .050" shims for it. There are a couple of threads out there on the topic.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I thought that was only if you removed the splash guards, or whatever that is that's around the spring. I also thought it was a 0.060" shim?....I don't know I'm too tired to think tonight.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I thought that was only if you removed the splash guards, or whatever that is that's around the spring. I also thought it was a 0.060" shim?
Man you are smart, that is right, shims only needed if you remove the oil guard thingies. Personally I didn't want to worry about those things breaking. They were pretty crappy. I still don't remember the exact size of the shim though.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i guess i need to know where to get these shims now:(
dammit more money thanks for the tip though i never even heard about that

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.