DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just inherited my grandfathers truck. It is a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab long bed 2wd automatic with the 5.2 magnum v8 and it’s not running correctly. My uncle has had the truck for just over a year and mistreated it you know the type “gas and go” anyway when I got the truck it had a water pump leak so I got to work on it right away. I replaced the water pump, the thermostat, one of the two temperature sensors “I’m about to get the other one tomorrow”, spark plugs and wires, the air idle control, as well as clean the throttle body, changed the air filter and did the oil change. When I went to start the truck it hesitates but will eventually turn over but pulses at idle and I got 4 engine codes 12, 22, 37 and 55 I have been told that the first and last are nothing and the second is that other temp sensor but code 37 is a part throttle unlock solenoid I tried looking for it online with no luck I was hoping one of y’all might be able to help me. Thank you

·
Registered
5,209 Posts

Battery DisconnectDirect Battery input to PCM disconnected within last 50 ignition key-on cycles. Normal if battery has been disconnected, otherwise check battery power and ground connections.

ECT sensor voltage too high or too lowEngine Coolant temperature sensor input out of normal range. Check engine temperature sensor.

Torque converter clutch solenoid CKT or Trans temp sensor too high or lowOpen or short in CKT wiring or connectors. Voltage out of range at transmission temperature sensor input. See NOTE #1 below
NOTE #1 - From the 1995 TRUCK (Ram) manuals: the trailer towing package includes a transmission coolant temp sensor while the standard package doesn't. The fault code detection system is probably the same for both models. This could cause the low (no) voltage indication....no sensor to send any voltage.

End of message code. A DTC 55 is used to end all DTC messages. This code does not show on the DRB tool and indicates a completion of the stored codes on the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (check engine lamp).

Get #22 sorted first. Also watch what brand sensors you put in. Stay away from BWD! The IAC you sould only get a mopar replacement. It's hit or miss with the aftermarket stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts