DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres my issue! Next year if i get around to it i want to get the new Panasonic in-dash DVD/cd player and have 5.1 Dolby and i noticed our dashs are set-up perfect for this! What is the best and most cost effective way to go about having 5.1 set-up? I guess my main question is how to i get the center channel to actually be a center channel. I pretty much have all the speakers i want and need unless i decide to amp the fronts and then i will upgrade those to components but any help on this would be great...IM STUMPED! Thanks

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i take it no one knows what to do, just like myself! I see Rockford has some processor for like $600 or something but thats beyond what i want to spend so if i have to do that i'll prolly just stick with 4.1 ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Your hu should have preamp out for all channels, left, right, center, rear, and sub. Then all you need to do is buy the amplifiers to drive all your speakers and your golden!

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, i'll have to look to see if i can find specs on the screen and see if it does have a center channel output, that would be alot easier than buyin a processor or something!

Oh yea, your center channel is sweet! Did you fiberglass that panel then paint it? Thats pretty close to what i wanted to do but that looks alot nicer...i have my tweeters on the left and right side but nothing in the center yet! NICE JOB!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes, it's glassed and painted, and thank you!!

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didnt see any info about a center channel output or anything so im gonna have SweetRevenge from the forum here stop up with his papers from his Panasonic screen and see what i find that way or maybe just take his out and see what it has

·
Registered
249 Posts
TC, if the Panasonic is Dolby 5.1 then it will have a center out, if it does not have a center out then you will need an outboard Dolby Digital processer to process the signals to the correct channels. If you have not bought the hu yet check and see if they make one that has the processer in it.

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it says 5.1 dolby but i didnt see anything on the spec chart on PANS website about a center channel so im gonna look at my buddies that i installed for him awhile back in his 06 RamQC

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm working on a center channel enclosure that replaces the pocket below the radio in the dash. It holds 2-2x3" TB drivers. It will have a built in x-over and a freq. range of 300-20k and 50w power handling. It beats putting a tweeter in the middle of the dash. I made the molds and built some prototypes back a few months ago. I'm having problems getting the drivers at a decent price. They are a specialty item since they are designed for midbass and they are only 2"x3".

·
Registered
249 Posts
TC, what model dvd player is it?

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joefox, do you have any and what are the prices?

tdogshemi, i believe its the 7003 indash unit

·
Registered
848 Posts
Don't know what your hu cost or if you are brand particular? I know the newer kenwoods have a center channel built in. I like the looks of the woods I have one so I pretty much keep up with them. Others probably have the same features.

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but you also prolly have a brain you have to hide somewhere, correct? the new panasonic doesnt have a brain! its all internal and thats why my buddy and i have choosen the Pana. and i have been a fan now for awhile with no problems!

My Brother bought a $500-600 Kenwood Excelon cd/mp3 player and just over a year later the display quit working and the problems began there so i would rather stay away from them. Thats suppose to be the higher line from Kenwood too

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks your set, just add amplifiers!!!

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i got the new dash panel but now that i get thinkin about it i almost want to keep that for puttin it back in if i ever sell the truck and just add the center speaker to my current panel! i dunno what to do now, lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.