DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so any 4x4 thats lowered i guess with the 2.4 drop are you happy or wanna go lower?
i really wanna go lower and sit like a 2wd but its hard to come by unless custom fab which no one can do around here which sucks, so was it worth the money to go a few inches lower?
i have the 2'' shackle and overload spring removed in the back to level it and looks 100% better, but want it lower so thats why im asking
thanks

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
a 2/4 drop on a 4x4 will be lower than a stock 2wd

·
Registered
609 Posts
Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
flameon4x4 said:
Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some people want the ability to use 4x4 but prefer the look of a lowered truck. It happens

·
Registered
609 Posts
i dont like it but hey just me other's might i dont care ohh well

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
because i have a daytona with the lip kit and all and im not going to lift it, its more a Street truck
thats why
i want it to be lowered and look good
i had my 04 last year and it was the 4x4 with mud tires so its alright

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The front will be the same height... but the rear will be lower.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why will the front be the same if its a 2'' drop in the front and 4/4.5 in the rear?
mines level right now as we speak with the shackle and overload on the back

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Because the 4wd has more ground clearance than the 2wd.

·
Registered
360 Posts
maka said:
some people want the ability to use 4x4 but prefer the look of a lowered truck. It happens
Alot of good 4WD does when lowered or with street tires.

·
Registered
360 Posts
With the cost of dropping the average 4wd yu could own an SRT10

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Jeepin247 said:
Alot of good 4WD does when lowered or with street tires.
I'm having trouble seeing your logic there. I guess noone lowers an AWD?

I've come to see that there's a difference out there... there are 4x4s and there are 4WDs. All my past trucks have been 4x4s. Now... I've got a 4wd truck.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Jeepin247 said:
Yea... there was a bit more than just $300 between my truck and an SRT-10.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Jeepin247 said:
Less than 600.00 bucks for a drop kit to do the job.

A 4x4 truck does NOT mean Monster Gumbo Mudders,lite bars,pants tucked in your boots,copenhagen ring on your jean pocket,triple tube roll bars and nuts hanging from the rear bumper........EVERY forum has this topic discussed to death.

I like lifted trucks whether they are 4x4 or 2wd,I like lowered trucks whether thay are 2wd or 4wd,I just hate stink bug stock stances. This is my opinion only BUT notice I am not condemning guys who put 500.00 a piece off road knobby tires on trucks that never leave the pavement and have 12" of lift also.Its not my place to tell others what to do with their trucks BUT I do help them along with their chioces so the job is done right.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I want to lower my 4x4. I don't need 35688 inches of ground clearance to get around in the snow. I plan to run the stock 17s and tires all winter and the 22s in the nice months.

those that have done the 2/4 drop, does it affect your ride quality at all?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
WITH my 2/4 on... I put over 400 miles up and down mountainsides and NFD Roads in and out of dips and twists and turns... all in 2wd still. The ONLY time I had to put it in 4wd, was from a stop after having to in order to close a gate behind us and it was a heavy gravel and rocky road.

Attachments

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
WITH my 2/4 on... I put over 400 miles up and down mountainsides and NFD Roads in and out of dips and twists and turns... all in 2wd still. The ONLY time I had to put it in 4wd, was from a stop after having to in order to close a gate behind us and it was a heavy gravel and rocky road.
tint that 3rd break light, its hideous!!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
maka said:
tint that 3rd break light, its hideous!!
lol know... I had it stock because I wanted to have plenty of light. Now that I've got the F&I bar, I need to. Just a matter of time...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Anbody have pics of a 4x4 with shackles and the overload removed? I picked up a new offroad toy now I want to make my truck more of a street truck.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.