DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im kinda new to this 4wd deal so i got a ? for you guys.The other day my 4wd just stoped working.Ive asked some local guys what they thought it might be they told me to check the vacume lines so i did they all look good.So they told me it might be the CAD unit on the front axle.So i was wondering,could i just put manual lockouts on it and basically just do away with the CAD unit and if so can you guys give me some details on like prices, where i can get them,if its worth it and how much of a pain it is to do it?You know all that good stuff.Thanks for any help

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
you can replace the cad unit with the posi lock system aprox 250 bucks this is a manual replacement for the cad unit/vacuum system that should take care of your issues

·
Urban Wheeler
415 Posts
I have the posi-lok unit and it works well. Last winter I had vacuum issues. After a few days of screwing around I said fawk it and bought the posi-lok unit. Never looked back.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
no it is a cable system that mounts in the cab under the dash and runs down to the axle replaceing the cad unitall you do is pull on push off

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
250 huh? Where would you find something like this? Does it still allow you to choose from 4low and 4hi? Could you just mod it to hook up to the factory shifter down by your feet?

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
it doesnt affect selection of 4hi 4lo it only engauges and disengauges the front axle the big advantage is with the posi lock you can use 2lo as well as 4lo you put the xfer case in 4lo you just dont engauge the front axle so you have 2lo

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
i havent installed one yet but it shouldnt be to bad not much to it realy im not sure what part of ohio your from but i would be glad to help you with the install/repairs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im from Mansfield.Im not really to sure how far that is from you but ya that would be cool if you could come up.Im always up for meeting new people and drinking a few brews.lol but I probably wont be doing it for a few weeks because im out of state right now.This is just my hunting truck thats about to be turned into my wheelin truck.so I want to make sure I do everything right on it.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
your only about 4 hours away im right on the ohio river close to maysville ky i can wait a few weeks im still trying to get one of those big brown furry critters so my weekends are booked after that id be glad to drive up and help ya out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.