DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at buying a new 09 sport crew cab, but am having a hard time finding one with the Shift on Demand transfer case like the laramies have? The sports have the 25L package and I have found it listed on trucks as 2 different prices, $3445 and $3840. The only difference I can see on the stickers is the ones listed at $3840 list the Shift On Demand transfer case as part of the package. But when you look in the truck at the 4x4 selector switch, they don't have the 4x4 Auto position?

I was at a dealer yesturday and they had at least 8 sports with the 25L package at $3840 and they didn't actually have the transfer case as listed on the window sticker. What the heck is going on? Dodge is charging for something people are not getting.

I know most of the earlier models came with the 26L package and now that has been discontinued for the 25L. The first 25L's that came out were at $3445 without the shift on demand. It seems like they have switch stickers over put haven't switched the assembly line. The brochure also shows the Shift on Demand as standard equipement on the sport models.

Dealers don't seem to know what is going on either, if they go to build one like your ordering, it doesn't even list the tranfer case as an option.

Does anybody know anything? Does anybody have a sport with the shift on demand transfer case?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm curious as well. I think the on demand xfer case is very important when buying a new truck unless you are going to be always off road. Having that option when on country highways with snow drifts, ice, and dry pavement and even around town it is very nice to have. I'm shocked people don't consider this when they buy trucks. I can tell you I know quite a few super duty/hd and 1/2 ton owners that are shocked with the full time 4wd in my jeep. It works super!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was looking into this when I ordered my Sport, which is built and should ship in the next day or two.

The Sport at the dealer had the auto setting.

I looked in the brochure and the Sport and Laramie both come standard with the "on demand" Transfer Case as long as you get the Hemi.

Now the brochure also list a protection group as an option for the Sport which includes tow hooks but this was not an option when ordering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that the brochure says the Sport comes with the On demand transfer case. What I'm saying is, I have seen at least 8 sport models on the dealer lots with the Hemi and they don't actually have the 4x4 Auto position, but the window sticker lists the truck as having it?

drober30, It will be interesting to see what transfer case you get once your truck comes in?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know that the brochure says the Sport comes with the On demand transfer case. What I'm saying is, I have seen at least 8 sport models on the dealer lots with the Hemi and they don't actually have the 4x4 Auto position, but the window sticker lists the truck as having it?

drober30, It will be interesting to see what transfer case you get once your truck comes in?
It will be on demand or the dealer can keep it or take another $2k off!

I will let you know..

I cant believe the window stickers said on demand and the truck does not have it. That's a manufacturing error for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.