DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I'm new to Dodge and am starting out with a 93 Dakota 5.2l 4x4......well, sort of.

:help:

I bought this 4wd truck running only 2wd. I mean the transfer case, tranny, and driveshafts have all been ripped out. It came with parts though, an NP 231 transfer case, the old stock driveshafts, and a transmission. Only problem is that I think the transmission is the wrong one. Reason it that the transfer case will not be able to mate to the transmission unless there is an adapter that I'm missing. The only number on the transmission it 3743102-2 and I can't find anything on that. I've attached pics of the tranny below.

Does anyone have a picture of the stock V8 4x4 tranny? Or could someone take a pic of their tranny and post it? I really want to get this thing set up for 4 paw drive. Thanks for any help.

Daniel

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap. So it looks like I'm on the hunt for another tranny then. You say it should be a 46rh, is it stamped on the tranny case or is there some other kind of code?

.........And does anyone have a 4wd tranny for sale?!?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other question. What other vehicle does the 46rh tranny come in? Ram? I can't find any 4wd Dak's in the salvage yards and thought that if the Ram had this in it my luck may improve. Thanks for all the help.

Daniel

· Registered
383 Posts
I do believe that is a 727 transmission without the tailhousing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.