DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 4x4 laramie adition with a 5.7 liter in it... i was thinking about supercharging it... is that a good idea? i heard that it can ruin my transfer case... and if so, wut would u recomend and any tips or concerns that i should know about??? thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
not sure about the transfer case, but im sure more power equals more stress on things.

I have a 4x4 aswell and if i had the cash, there would be a blower in it, i say go for it.
:rck:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
My tip is not to supercharge it. In fact, I'd recommend trading it in on a 2500 4x4 Cummins. You could play around with programmers, injectors, tranny stuff, and an upgraded turbo and make more power than a supercharged Hemi. You'd probably have a faster truck too.

This is all dependent on your pocketbook. But if you are considering supercharging a 4x4 Hemi, that tells me you want to go fast. I wouldn't trust the 545RE to hold that kind of power without upgrading it. Plus, I wouldn't trust a 9.25" rear end for long term durability with that power. That is why the really, really fast trucks aren't 1500's, they are 3/4 tons with beefed up tranny's, differentials, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.