DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was backing out of my driveway and there was about 3 inches of snow...I back up, put in into drive and turns out im stuck. I engage the 4x4 hi (electric transfer case)...it just keeps blinking and blinking for about 20-30 seconds and I just wait. Turn it back to 2wd and try it again...just keeps blinking and blinking.

I get unstuck by putting into reverse a little bit more and driving away...I engage the 4 hi going about 25-30 mph and it engages without difficulty...

Happened to me twice yesterday and once today....

What could be the problem here?...Should I bring my 08 w/8000 miles on it to the dealership for a look?

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I assume it is very cold there right now, correct? In addition to a motor that engages the transfer case, there is also a motor that joins the two parts of the passenger side half shaft together. I think both of those have to be engaged before they will feed back to the computer that it really is in 4wd.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
my 04 does this someteimes if i get stuck in 2wd and try to put in in 4x4 it doesnt want to go in. usually what i do it put it in drive for a second and give it a touch of gas and it goes right into 4 wheel after this. im not sure why

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the same problem.. dont engage 4x4 and dont run window wascer....
i chang fuse box and after 1 day i use 4x4 dont run...
i open fuse box and i find component burned....
now i dont know whats happen and my problem is i live in italy and this car is not official imported and i dont have assistance and warranty....
any one know this problem?

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
I've heard there are problems with the electronic transfer cases, and the dealers are aware of this. I'd take it in. Just makes me thankful for the lever that sticks out of the floor on my truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just take it to the dealership its under warranty they can tell you more and it wont cost you a penny. Personally I have been using my 08 1500 in the snow a lot lately and have not had any problems putting it into 4hi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my ram is 2008 ...
and for warranty in my truck i think is impossible...because in not official imported in my country... and i dont have help....
only i know is 2 fuse box i change and i have same problem....
after 1 or 2 day work in 4 wheel drive because snow.....burn... and now some time dont start engine and dont run wascer windshield and dont run 4 wd.....

:help::(:(

·
Hemiless
714 Posts
Today I was backing out of my driveway and there was about 3 inches of snow...I back up, put in into drive and turns out im stuck. I engage the 4x4 hi (electric transfer case)...it just keeps blinking and blinking for about 20-30 seconds and I just wait. Turn it back to 2wd and try it again...just keeps blinking and blinking.

I get unstuck by putting into reverse a little bit more and driving away...I engage the 4 hi going about 25-30 mph and it engages without difficulty...

Happened to me twice yesterday and once today....

What could be the problem here?...Should I bring my 08 w/8000 miles on it to the dealership for a look?

Ahhh.... the electronic *hit strikes yet again. These threads make me so thankful I got one of the last trucks with a mechanical linkage. Sorry for your problem...at least it's under warranty for now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
sometimes you have to be rolling to engage I know I had to in my jeep

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
It did that to my truck once and a buddy's titan.
If you engage the truck in to 4x4 and move the truck forward before going in reverse it will engage with out a problem.

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
to BOND ur tipm is ****ered...thats why ur washers dont work and ur truck wont start...i had that happen on my new 08 ram because when i put it into 4wd auto it burnt out the the tipm and the 4x4 motor

and the tipm the part u will probably need is VERY VERY expensive

and for engaging 4x4 it seems to work really well when rolling just alittle or in neutral...it shifts in faster when doing either then moving at a decent speed

·
Registered
378 Posts
mine shifts in best if i engage it, then back off the throttle. it akes a few seconds longer if I'm not moving. I once had it flash constantly like that when I tried going from low range to high range while moving. It didn't like that! I wish I had a manual lever too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.