DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First to say hi to everyone since i'm new here, second, I just bought a 91 dodge ram 318 tbi 4 speed tranny long wheel base. The 4x4 keeps kicking out of 4hi, it works fine in 4 low, but every 30 or so seconds in 4 hi it keeps jumping out and grinding, some of the times it has went right back in, a couple of times I had to throw it back into 2wd. Above the sunvisor it has instructions to put it in 4hi while "MOVING" so I guess it has the Ram-Trac t case in it? Any help on this would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
91ram4x4 said:
First to say hi to everyone since i'm new here, second, I just bought a 91 dodge ram 318 tbi 4 speed tranny long wheel base. The 4x4 keeps kicking out of 4hi, it works fine in 4 low, but every 30 or so seconds in 4 hi it keeps jumping out and grinding, some of the times it has went right back in, a couple of times I had to throw it back into 2wd. Above the sunvisor it has instructions to put it in 4hi while "MOVING" so I guess it has the Ram-Trac t case in it? Any help on this would be nice. Thanks.
Check and see if the the shifter has a adjustment on it, Sounds like thats whats wrong its not engauging fully.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check that as soon as I can get under the truck, it is raining right now, I do know the t case has a vacum deal on it, the guy I bought from just put a new vacuum (switch?) on the transfer case because it was not working at all.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
First thing I would check is to see if the transfer case has the correct amount of fluid in it. I would also purchase a service manual from Bishko books.

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
I had an issue with my linkage on my '95 Dak, and I know of others who have had the same problem, just double check the linkage adjustment or for any "binds" in the linkage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.