DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if it would be doalble to do a 4wd conversion. I was curious if a 2500 Ram HEMI front axle would fit. Thus, I would have a solid front axle. Just curious if it would be less expensive than a new vehicle (20-30k)?
Tell me if I'm :crazy:

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
Sounds real crazy to me. Although I have no idea.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
do it

and take a bunch of pics and do a good write-up

i don't think it would be more than 10k maybe

:dunno:

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do it

and take a bunch of pics and do a good write-up

i don't think it would be more than 10k maybe

:dunno:
I bet you could do 10k using parts from a scrapyard. I wouldn't do it, I would use a shop, I turned a $10 dollar wiper blade replcement into a $250 repair, don't ask me how. I'm probably not serious, just coming up with a few ideas.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
and it'd prob be easier to get the front and rear axles off a 01 back half ton

so the ratios match

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
Wouldn't it be a whole hell of a lot easier just to trade in the 2x4 for a 4x4?

·
Registered
57 Posts
NO because were Durango owners we do everything the hard way. we dont like gas prices yet we have big motors. we have 4x4 but no lift kit. we constantly mash the pedal to hear the exhaust but dont like tickets. It wouldnt be to bad to do if you got a welder and a spare 4x4 grand cherokee (its same drivetrain if its 4.7) just fab it up get a custom drive shaft and ur ready to go lol

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
NO because were Durango owners we do everything the hard way. we dont like gas prices yet we have big motors. we have 4x4 but no lift kit. we constantly mash the pedal to hear the exhaust but dont like tickets. It wouldnt be to bad to do if you got a welder and a spare 4x4 grand cherokee (its same drivetrain if its 4.7) just fab it up get a custom drive shaft and ur ready to go lol
This says it all. Go buy another truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.