DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my lift, tires and shocks on the 21st and not only is it not here, they don't have a tracking number..... First the story was, well to save on shipping it gets on another truck before it is transferred to the UPS truck. I was told on tuesday the 24th "we will definately have a tracking # by Friday (the 27th)....nope
On Friday they said well for sure on Tuesday we will have one....Nope. Today they said, "well it's on the truck but we don't have a tracking number, we'll call you when we get it" this was at 10 am. When I got off work at 11pm I got home checked my answering machine.....nothing. All I can say is it better be here by friday since I am putting it on This weekend.
Sorry about all that I had to rant and rave to someone....

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
ha.. aint that the truck.. i ordered some interior parts for my truck, and a new window regulator a month ago! and still havent gotten them, i just finally received a tracking number yesterday.. now i got to keep overheating myself.. beings i cant roll my windows down, and i havent fixed the AC yet!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lucky,

I ship by UPS 5 days a week in my business, they pick up here every business day. Once a shipment has been entered into our UPS software and processed, the shipper HAS a tracking number.

I have the option of entering the customers e-mail address (at no extra charge from UPS by the way) and having a tracking number e-mailed directly to them through the UPS Quantum Notify system. At the very least, it's very easy to retrieve a customers shipment info and tracking number from the database.

ANYTIME, a company tells me they don't have my tracking number, I assume I am either getting poor Customer Service or the order has yet to ship.

Meant to respond to your intial thread regarding lack of tracking number, better late than never, eh?

Zach

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Did you pay for this with cash/money order/check or was it a credit card? Would make me very nervous if they already had your money and kept changing the shipping info/story. Frankly I would be tempted to cancel it if possible and go elsewhere.

Hope it works out for you.

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
yea i would cansel the order and take my bussiness eles where

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what they told me.
They have 2 shipping companies. The first is a big truck that disperses everything out to UPS. Once UPS gets it then they have a tracking number. I guess the first company's truck was pulled by dogs or something because it's been a week and a half.

Today I got a call and it's being delivered by old dominion shipping???? I've never heard of them but at least now I have a tracking number and know where my stuff is!!!

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
4wpw has a bad reputation. i hear they are scam artist. i mean , sure they sell nice stuff, but ive always beent old they have a lot of underlying and hidden costs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Troy,

One of my manufacturers used a motor freight line here in Texas which interlined some of my shipments and many of theirs to Old Dominion. Due to customer complaints, mine included, the manufacturer I speak of (and deal with on a weekly, if not daily basis) finally dropped the carrier giving their shipments to OD. Stay on top of this! To be fair, most of the shipments in questions were going into the Southeast. A freight companies' service can vary greatly from one freight terminal to another.

It's doubtful UPS ever had their hands on this order, as I've never known them to interline with a heavy freight hauler for home delivery.

Zach

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPS didn't have their hands on it. It went from one unnamed company to Old dominion. When I checked the status today it said it was in Kansas (about 5 hour drive from me) expected arrival was June 2nd. I checked tonight and it said "Enroute to" and "06/03/2005 Estimated" It doesn't say where it is right now though. I had more info this afternoon!!! It's a good thing I couldn't put the lift on until this weekend, or I would be really raising some HELL!!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I feel your pain. I went w/ them when I ordered the lift for my 02 GMC. I had to drive up to Senath, MO to pick it up because the shipping company they used wouldnt deliver to my home. Then, I checked through the lift, since ive heard horror stories of them leaving out parts, and it seemed to all be there. Come to find out, they left out 1 shock boot. *******s, you think your in the clear and they get to you in the end.

·
Registered
929 Posts
That sucks...

The only good thing about living in Hawaii and ordering parts from 4WP is that the only way it is going to get here is through UPS...

But 4WP, to me, is too damn expensive. They may give you a good deal on some parts and extra incentives, but if you wanted them to install anything, you will be paying more on labor than you did on the parts. Bottom line, only if I REALLY needed something from them will I buy.

Hope your lift comes in SOON, cuz I like see some pics!!! GOOD LUCK :D

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Old dominion called today and said they will deliver my stuff between 10 and 11 tomorrow!!!
4wp does seem to be a little more expensive on some of their stuff but thats why you shop around and since they have they say they will meet or beat a competitors price, I found all the stuff cheaper. I got one hell of a deal and free shipping (now I see why it was free) I saved $800 on the tires alone!!!

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
well damn if you saved that much you deserve it! haha jk but still, saving 800$ beats the hell out of 3 weeks shipping vrs 1500$ more and 2 week shipping

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sure does!! Even if I would've recieved all the stuff in 2 days I coudn't put any of it on yet. I was supposed to do it this weekend but that fell through. I was going to put it on at a friend of mines, but he forgot it was his sons birthday and they are going out of town, plus his machine shed has a tractor that happens to be broke down and can't move. So I have to wait until next weekend!!! :mad:
Will I be able to put my new shocks on without the lift??? I got the Pro comp reservoirs.

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I recieved my stuff today...all 660 pounds of it! :D Man those are some big tires!!! 355/60R20's I have to wait until next weekend to put everything on, so now I have a week to stare at all my parts. At least I can lay everything out and make sure it's all there.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
well take some pics for us, especially the tires, I want to see them!!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
lucky8926 said:
Well I recieved my stuff today...all 660 pounds of it! :D Man those are some big tires!!! 355/60R20's I have to wait until next weekend to put everything on, so now I have a week to stare at all my parts. At least I can lay everything out and make sure it's all there.
What is the size in inches of those tires?

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
36.5x14r20 or so

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.