DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new member here and having a little problem with my 98 ram sport 1500 4wd.
The 4wd won't engage.I can get the shifter to go into 4w lo and i can get it to make a noise so i can actually feel/hear it engage.( i found this out because i didn't have it in neutral and the wheels were a turnin :D )
I can not however physically get the shifter lever to go into 4wd hi position (all way back)
Also no light comes on when i get it in 4wd lo and it is definitely not in 4wd at all,front tires are not turning and i'm buried in the snow.
I am wondering if there might be some kind of electrical requirement for it to be able to be engaged?Reason i ask is that i see under the hood i apparently had a mouse that mistook my wiring for spaghetti... Probably why the light on dash won't come on.:IDEA:
What can i check? I read some posts here that said something about a vacuum pot/lines.What about electrical,anything there to check or is it all mechanical?
Not sure what the dealio is that i can't even get the lever to pull back down into 4w hi

thx in advance for any help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.