DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 1500 5.9 when its in rwd the truck runs mint, but when i engage it into 4hi its kind of loud and i feel vibration, the 4hi works fine, it just doesnt feel and sound smooth. also when i engage it into 4hi it takes liek 10sec for the light to come on or when i put it back in 2hi it also takes 10sec for the light to coem off.other than this problem i love my truck to death. help me out!

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
This might seem like a dumb question and I don't mean to insult you but are you on a dry street when your in 4wd? If you are, take it onto dirt and try it. The reason I ask is that someone else in here had it on the street and had the same complaint and didn't know not to run it on the street. The wheels need to be able to slip whens it's in 4wd. As for making noise check the diff fluid level. You might even want to pull the cover off and check out the gears.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've heard chains in the transfer case become loose with wear and that occurs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How many miles? Axle joints or front drive shaft joints ever been changed? Have you checked that they are tight? When on dirt and turning while wheel locked in either direction in 4wd do you notice any noises coming from the front end (i.e. maybe another sign of bad axle joints). Just some questions...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.